Welcome - Explore my Blog

I've been keeping this blog for all of my beekeeping years and I am beginning my 19th year of beekeeping in April 2024. Now there are more than 1300 posts on this blog. Please use the search bar below to search the blog for other posts on a subject in which you are interested. You can also click on the "label" at the end of a post and all posts with that label will show up. At the very bottom of this page is a list of all the labels I've used.

Even if you find one post on the subject, I've posted a lot on basic beekeeping skills like installing bees, harvesting honey, inspecting the hive, etc. so be sure to search for more once you've found a topic of interest to you. And watch the useful videos and slide shows on the sidebar. All of them have captions. Please share posts of interest via Facebook, Pinterest, etc.

I began this blog to chronicle my beekeeping experiences. I have read lots of beekeeping books, but nothing takes the place of either hands-on experience with an experienced beekeeper or good pictures of the process. I want people to have a clearer picture of what to expect in their beekeeping so I post pictures and write about my beekeeping saga here.Master Beekeeper Enjoy with me as I learn and grow as a beekeeper.

Need help with an Atlanta area swarm? Visit Found a Swarm? Call a Beekeeper. ‪(404) 482-1848‬

Want to Pin this post?

Monday, April 15, 2013

Today is the Birthday of the Blog!









Happy Birthday to the Blog!













Today I begin my eighth year of beekeeping!  It's been a great ride so far and I appreciate everyone who visits, watches my slide shows and videos, comments, and emails - and there are lots of you.

This is my 1088th post on this blog.  I've shared with you all of my triumphs and failures, what I've tried and what has worked and what has not.  I've been through several iterations of my beekeeping self, but I've always remained true to what I believed in at the beginning - that it would be better to lose bees than to treat them with poisons and that I wanted to be as natural a beekeeper as possible.  I've tried to be a beekeeper and not a bee-haver, as per George Imrie, and I work hard at it.

I usually put up stats in this post, so here I go again.

1040 - people subscribe to this blog by RSS feed
552 - people are "followers" on Google
8000 - hits for this blog since April 1, according to statcounter.com
193 - the number of countries from which people have visited
146,971 - the number of links to my site from various places  on the web - it's been my particular pleasure to find that my site is listed on a number of state and club websites across the country as a good resource!  What a compliment!

Thanks, everyone, for coming to visit, for cheering me on, for all the support and friendly outreach over these past seven years!  You're the best.


12 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:28 PM

    Happy Birthday Linda's Bees! You have inspired me, educated me, motivated me and comforted me. May you have many, many more years of experiencing these little winged wonders!
    Ellen Hawkins
    Fredericton, New Brunswick
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is some impressive numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Your blog is my go to place for learning new things. Well, your blog and Michael Bush. I am going to get to see Michael Bush at a seminar this Saturday and I am so excited I can't even begin to tell you but I know that you understand that.

    Thanks for being here for this fairly new beek. I wish there was a Master class where I live. I think it's awesome how fully you have embraced beekeeping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:15 PM

      And a wonderful psychologist in her backup career!

      Delete
  4. Happy blog birthday! And may there be many more~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Linda's blog. Well done Linda for everything and helping many people and making our learning experiences be good ones.

    Michael in France

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Linda's blog! Congratulations for your fantastic blog.Keep going Linda!
    Hugs and kisses from Greece

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, you have provided a wealth of information for beekeepers and just curious people like me. Thanks so much for all the time you have spent educating us. So glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Thank you for all you do. I am sure you have touched people and have helped them in more ways than you will ever know. I know you have helped me, many times.

    Teena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny1:21 PM

    Well, happy birthday to Linda's Bees Blog and congratulations to you, Linda, for all the experiences and thoughts you have so generously shared with us over the years. The numbers show how much a welcome part of our lives you are. Thank you most sincerely for letting us share yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:28 PM

    How funny. It is also the QUEEN of Denmarks birthday today!
    A huge Congrats from Warren in Denmark. I have followed you for at least five years. (I know becaus emy twins are nearly five years old ;-))
    Thank you for your time. (I know how time consuming blogs can be). And, as I've said before, your candidness (meaning transparency/white in latin - thus the word "candidate") and honesty are what make it such a strong learning tool - your blog. Thanks for it all! Keep up the good work.
    from Warren
    Denmark.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:26 PM

    Happy Bee Blog Day! As a newbee, I've really enjoyed reading your blog. Thank you from Nebraska!

    ReplyDelete

Pin this post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...