Welcome - Explore my Blog

I've been keeping this blog for all of my beekeeping years and I am beginning my 19th year of beekeeping in April 2024. Now there are more than 1300 posts on this blog. Please use the search bar below to search the blog for other posts on a subject in which you are interested. You can also click on the "label" at the end of a post and all posts with that label will show up. At the very bottom of this page is a list of all the labels I've used.

Even if you find one post on the subject, I've posted a lot on basic beekeeping skills like installing bees, harvesting honey, inspecting the hive, etc. so be sure to search for more once you've found a topic of interest to you. And watch the useful videos and slide shows on the sidebar. All of them have captions. Please share posts of interest via Facebook, Pinterest, etc.

I began this blog to chronicle my beekeeping experiences. I have read lots of beekeeping books, but nothing takes the place of either hands-on experience with an experienced beekeeper or good pictures of the process. I want people to have a clearer picture of what to expect in their beekeeping so I post pictures and write about my beekeeping saga here.Master Beekeeper Enjoy with me as I learn and grow as a beekeeper.

Need help with an Atlanta area swarm? Visit Found a Swarm? Call a Beekeeper. ‪(404) 482-1848‬

Want to Pin this post?

Monday, April 30, 2012

Birth of the Bee Blog

I try to notice every year when we reach an anniversary of the blog.  As of the end of April, my blog has been ongoing with regular postings for six full years - now begins the seventh year of my beekeeping experience and of my record keeping on this blog.


  • Thanks to all of you all over the world who follow this blog - you make my day!
  • Thanks to all of you who comment on my posts - it's such fun to hear your thoughts!
  • Thanks to all the beekeepers out there who, like me, are learning, growing and sharing with each other all the time.



I'm having a great time with this blog and will keep on posting!

As of today there are 993 posts on this blog, heading for 1000.  On the Internet there are almost 135,000 links to my site.  It appears on many bee club links pages as well as bee association pages.  It has been linked 6,700 times from Beemaster Forum.  The two most watched videos are how to harvest honey by crush and strain and how to build and use a solar wax melter.  There are 932 subscribers to the site as well as 508 Google Followers.  People have come from 185 countries - the most visitors from the US, of course, followed by Great Britain, Turkey and Canada.

I won't bore you with the rest of the statistics, but it is all gratifying to me - thank you, all of you, for continuing to visit and be interested.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Linda's Bee Blog! Thanks for sharing all your bee knowledge with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny9:55 PM

    Thanks, Linda, for sharing your adventures and experiences-- good or bad-- with all of us. It makes my day when I find you've posted something new-- your blog is always interesting. I appreciate all the work you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Penny. You have been my mentor from afar and I appreciate all the help you've given me both in comments on blog posts and emails back channel - always useful, always noncritical, always helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following your blog since before I got my first hive, have referred to your posts many times, and really appreciate your work and your photos!
    Thanks!
    A California Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:21 PM

    Linda, First, a great Congratulations on the Birthday!!
    And secondly - (and more importantly) a Huge "Thank You!" for the time and energy you spend on this blog.
    It is THE most 'user friendly' bee advice I have come across on the web. The candid, witty, down-to-earth, honest packaging your information comes in makes it a delight and a pleasure to learn from you.
    Good luck for harvest 2012 and keep those posts coming.

    I've been following your blog for about six years (from my 5th story apartment in Copenhagen, Denmark). We have now moved out into the country and am only one year away from starting with my first hive (next spring)! I look forward to revisiting all your first posts!

    Thnx a mil.

    From Warren
    Denmark

    ReplyDelete

Pin this post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...